Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Follow Up to the Follow Up

Sounds like a Washington DC term right? Well I guess it sort of is. As a follow up test to my NT scan (the ultrasound), the maternal fetal medicine doctor took a boat load of blood in order to run various tests to check for genetic abnormalities. Well after a horrendous day at work, I almost forgot to call my doctor to get the results. I really hope this is not any indication of what kind of mother I'll be. I mean who forgets to call and get the results of their kids' tests? Well, apparently I do.
Anyway, so at 4 o'clock today, I finally remember to call to see if all is okay with Baby Muppet and 5 horribly long minutes later (I was beginning to expect some bad news), the nurse comes back on the phone and said "yep every thing's negative." Um great, thanks, all those years in Med School have finally paid off, I totally understood everything she said. Thanks for the clarification lady. So I politely asked, "Um so negative is good right?" "Yep" she squeaks out.
So all is well in Baby Muppet land. Perhaps next time, I won't forget to call about Muppet's blood tests. Perhaps I'll be a little more conscientious in the future.
Having the peace of mind that Baby Muppet is okay and all is well, well, it just doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment