Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dreams

Just how prophetic are dreams? Are dreams just a way for our subconscious to work out our daily internal thoughts and struggles? What do they mean- or do they mean anything? As the days draw closer to Friday, I've noticed my dreams getting more vivid. Sometimes they are baby related and sometimes they aren't. Sometimes I dream that I drank a whole bottle of booze only to wake up in a sheer panic thinking that I did drink the booze and I've ruined baby Muppet. Is it because I want a glass of wine or is it because I'm so concerned about making sure Muppet has the best start possible to life and that this is my subconscious' way dealing with my concerns? One glass of wine with dinner isn't going to to hurt anything or anyone, but for me it almost sends me into the straight jacket.
Anyway- so last night I had a dream that I was delivering baby Muppet and low and behold the doctor picks him up shows me Muppet and said "Congratulations Mrs. Arnold, you have a boy. Is this God's way of saying- hey you're having a boy before the all important ultrasound? Is this God's way of telling me that we are going to have the very first Heisman Winner in the Arnold family? By the way, in case you were wondering- He'll be quarterbacking for the University of Tennessee! Is this God's way of preparing me for what's ahead? Or is this His way of saying baby Muppet isn't going to participate on Friday so I'm telling you now?

So just how prophetic are dreams? I guess we'll find out on Friday. All in all, no matter what Baby Muppet is, girl, boy- this baby will be the most loved, most doted on, and certainly the most cherished baby in all of the world! It really doesn't get any better than this.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I deleted my comment cuz I was signed in under an old account... sorry!)
    OK, I just wrote a really long comment on your last post and it deleted it. Grr.

    Anyway, I ALWAYS knew Declan was a boy. Always. Always. However, the only dream I had about him, he was a girl. So, no dreams don't show you anything! But my dreams became more and more bizarre as time went on. Next time I see you, I'll tell you all about the murderous pelican and giving birth in my car. Two of my greatest hits!

    Good luck and I'm so glad you are having a girl! Let me know if you need anything!
    Love you!
    Christi

    ReplyDelete