Friday, May 1, 2009

Time- what a funny concept

Is it possible for time to fly by yet stand still at the very same moment? In my previous blog I stated that I only had 92 days left before my due date. When you put it like that, 92 days doesn't seem like a lot of time, but when you say 1 week from tomorrow, I begin my 3rd trimester, now that seems like a lot of time left. Especially since those 3 months will be in the heat of the DC sticky, nasty, humid, hot summer.

It seems like it's been forever since we found out Muppet is a girl- it was only 7 weeks ago. And it seems like forever since we've ordered her crib furniture- which would only be 3 weeks ago. If you'd like to see what we ordered, click this link- http://www.munirefurniture.com/oldeworld_02.htm

And when I say I'm only 27 weeks pregnant and I've got all the way to week 40 to go, that also sounds like a long time. But when I say I've only got about 13 weeks before Muppet arrives, that doesn't seem so long.

We all know Chris is a compulsive list maker- it makes him more organized and in turn, makes me organized as well. Anyway, the compulsive list maker has compiled a list a mile long of "we need to do before Muppet gets here." Well 13 weeks all of a sudden doesn't sound so long.

So is it possible that time can stand still and fly by at the same time? The answer is YES, yes it can. Or at least I believe it can. I can't wait for the furniture to get here, put Miss Muppet in her crib- it won't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment