Thursday, January 29, 2009

6 weeks and 4 days




After several positive pregnancy tests and tears of joy later, I traipsed off to the doctor who ordered an ultrasound to not only date the pregnancy but to ensure this baby was sticking around. I scheduled the test for a week later. I didn't realize that when I made the appointment that Chris was going to be out of the country and wasn't going to be able to attend our first ultrasound. Fearing bad news (during those early weeks and months, I kept waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop) I took my friend Patra along for moral support. Thanks Patra! It was amazing. The tech turned the screen around and there was the prettiest sight I had ever seen- a blob with a blinking dot in the middle. Houston- we have a heartbeat! It was the most beautiful 125 beats a minute that you've ever beheld. All I could think of is wow there's a baby in there. YIPPEEE! The tech dated the pregnancy at 6 weeks and 4 days- half way through my first trimester, only 6 more weeks and 3 days left to worry. . . or a lifetime whichever you prefer. Only 234 days left to go before baby Muppet makes his or her grand theatrical entrance. It doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment